“I didn’t give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so. For us to have each other Is like a dream come true. No, I didn’t give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you.” – Unknown

Thursday, March 22, 2012

They're here!

In January my sister, N and her boy, T moved home. Her husband J couldn't come until a few weeks later because he had to finish the closing of the house. They moved back to P-town so J could help T with the ranch. They moved into the house Michael and I were living in, allowing them to be right on the ranch. We knew this was a possibility when we moved into that house 2 years ago, so we really weren't bothered that we had to move out. Luckily, my grandparents offered us their basement, so we are back in a basement apartment in town. We are very appreciative to have a roof over our head and be able to save some money. I love being able to see my grandparents every day. I grew up being around them a lot and we are really close, so this has allowed me to learn more things about them and maintain a close relationship.
Back to my sister...I have always been super close with N. We are only 15 months apart, so we have always been right by each other in school, sports, etc. I was so happy to have her move back home after not being around her much for 7 years. We have both changed and our lives are definitely different from our college years, but we still have that sister bond.

J, N, and T are a package deal and I'm loving having a nephew around again. T is very much a man's man and loves the men in our family the most. He loves Grandpa who he calls Pappy and Mikey who he calls Bubby.

He's our little cowboy!

I can't believe that they've been here for almost 2 months. It has been an adjustment for us all as we've all made sacrifices and changes in our lives, but it has definitely been worth it. J has been a huge help to T on the ranch and it has been fun to watch him learn and see his enthusiasm for the ranch life. I'm excited to have my sister and her family around and be able to actually do things with them on a regular basis and strengthen our relationship.

1 comment:

  1. Afton and Michael we are so excited for you in your future on the adoption line. We was able to adopt two beautiful children so I have a firm testimony on that. They match them to look like you so much. Our son looks like his fathers family and our daughter looks like my family.. We really felt that since I couldn't have children that it was made possible for our children to come to us a different way.

    I hope you don't mind me joining your blog and you can come and join mine if you would like to.

    You both will make wonderful parents.
    God Bless you both and congrat's.

    Thanks for sharing with us..............
    Sincerely
    Donna Scrapp'n Nana granny01@Q.com
    http://scrappnana.blogspot.com/
    www.mycmsite.com/dmdegraw
    Come and see what are the NEW TOOLS are for July. A New System

    ReplyDelete